Thursday, April 5, 2018

Sleepless Nights

Lets me just start off by saying a child will change your life especially your nightly routines. So while your able to sleep at night enjoy it, cause it isn't gonna last lol :)

My sleepless nights began when I was pregnant a few months before my son even arrived. With that bump I had I could never get comfy at nights. I tried numerous ways of laying, but nothing worked. I tried body pillows for hugging or propping up the belly and all that did was make me sweat even more. I did tend to sweat alot at night which didn't help at all cause was always kicking off covers and then would get cold, so covers back on. Its like the pregnancy was regulating my body temperature.

The biggest thing that contributed to sleepless nights is something I think most moms to be can relate to. PEEING 24/7!! I think my son hugged my bladder all night cause about month 7 on I would have to get up at least 3-4 times a night to pee. Talk about not being able to sleep. I would finally get to sleep and in like an hour feel the urge and have to get up to use the bathroom. I mean come on little little you already wear momma out enough at least let mommy sleep lol.

Another major factor that contributed to my sleepless nights was nightmares and wild dreams. I'm not sure if was the hormones or just the fact of being so exhausted, but sometimes I would wake up for no reason. I would be screaming or talking as if something was so real. My boyfriend would have to calm me down and tell me it was just a dream, and that everything was ok.

All I can tell you ladies is prepare yourself for sleepless nights no matter whether your pregnant or a new mom. They are going to happen whether you like it or not

-E
____________________________________

I am only 14 weeks into my pregnancy and I have already grown accustomed to the sleepless nights and I know they aren't going to get easier for the rest of pregnancy or even after I give birth.

I have officially been getting up to pee at least once a night (yipee...!) but as little of excitement that is now, I know I am going to be grateful that I am used to at least getting up in the middle of the night for when the baby comes and we use a lot of our sleep anyway.

-D
____________________________________

Ah sleepless nights. Something I already knew all to well before becoming pregnant. I have a smaller bladder and used to already wake up 2/3 times a night. Once I started to show more and feel her kick, the feeling of peeing even more often during the day and night became all to real.

Being already a few days away from my due date the washroom has now become my second home. The need to pee has already disrupted my last few days of sleep by waking me up ever 1 1/2-2hrs. During the day it settles down to around maybe 2-3hrs in-between one another.

I am the same as E in the factor of also waking up to nightmares and crazy vivid dreams.

No one tells you much, but what I'v realized becoming pregnant, the bladder is almost no longer there and the dreams get quite, intense sometimes. Be prepared for sometimes waking up and not knowing if it's still a dream or if you're back in reality. And sometimes they get extremely sexually intense too.

-X

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts