Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Belly Piercings

I myself have a few piercings. 8 in my ears, one nose, and one belly button. I can't wait till I can get a few more in my ears and maybe a few in some risky area's. But as for the belly button piercing I am in such a loving relationship with it.

Before becoming pregnant I had a decent body, and loved when summer came to wear bathing suits and change my piercing to cute dangled ones. Gave me a little push on body pride. I never thought much about what I'd do with it once I become pregnant but now, I'm here today, at 36 weeks and still have my piercing in.

I had upgraded to an extended piece of jewelry since I knew my belly was going to grow at about 25-30 weeks pregnant. I have a fear of it closing up and don't really want to go through the whole piercing process again. It wasn't a horrible experience, just would rather not. Now that my belly is much bigger, making the choice to switch it out was a relief.


Before I did the switch, i knew it was time to get a more relaxing jewelry in. The top hole was starting to get a little on the red side. I believe it was from my skin now stretching and my jewelry not being the right size anymore.




I do recommend looking into getting an extended piece if you have become pregnant because it most definitely is more satisfying to have the relaxation on the actual piercing hole than keep a tight smaller one in.

Emma Dufficy from Baby Center UK also recommends switching to a plastic barbell. With "these flexible bars [they] can bend as your belly expands and you can also wear them during ultrasound scans"*

If you do decided to take out your piercing, I also recommend that you push your jewelry threw your piercing everyday so it doesn't close

So if you're considering getting a belly button piercing and may wonder what to do once you become pregnant, you have no need to worry because there is alternatives you can do once the belly grows


-X

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts