Saturday, March 17, 2018

Rudeness

I've been pretty lucky in the area of dealing with rude people. Only have had a few encounters but they were more creepy than rude.

I've been posting photos on Instagram of my belly because I'm proud of how large I've gotten. Even been lucky
enough to have a few other accounts ask to post my photo or say a shout out. But there's been a time where one account just made me feel uncomfortable.

They had seen a photo and private messaged me asking to do a video and of course have my baby bump in it. I had no problem doing so. Seemed like a pretty legit account. Only thing was that I had told them I was having dinner, they than replied with something along the lines of "Okay, make sure that belly is stuffed full and popping!", followed by a smiling emoji. With that comment I felt uncomfortable.

There was one other time where I posted a photo of my bare belly and received another private message asking me if my belly button was going to pop out. I asked this strange man why only to be disgusted with him saying "I have a belly button fetish and want to no". Of course I replied with telling him to go away, blocked him, and called my boyfriend right away.

As for rude encounters, like I said, I never really had any, just creepy ones

-X
____________________________________

Let me just say this right of the bat, there are some things you shouldn’t say to a pregnant woman unless you wanna get slapped in the face or kicked in the nuts lol. I had plenty of guys ask the size of my breasts and also ask how much weight I gained while I was pregnant. First off, the size of my breasts is none of your business, I mean come on seriously. Also if you had common sense, you know you never ask a girl their weight pregnant or not.

I remember one major instance when I was at the gym one day and on the treadmill and a guy came up from behind and grabbed my butt. He was like “What's up sweet thing? Can I take that body for a ride?” I immediately turned around and punched the dude and was like are you serious! Excuse me! And stormed off into another room of the gym. First off, I guess he didn’t think there were any boundaries and this was not just rude, basically sexual harassment. It just seems like guys have a fearing for pregnant girls and will act jokingly around us, even though it’s rude they don’t think it is.

Basically ladies you don’t deserve to be disrespected or treated like crap. If someone is rude or says something rude call them out on it. Tell them how rude and disrespectful that was. You deserve to be treated well so take control.

-E
____________________________________

Even though I am not as further along as the other mothers, I already have had rude comments directed toward me. Some that actually have hit both Justin and I more than we thought we could get from who we considered our friends and family. Not all were comments, some actions that hurt us more than words could so please be patient because I'll get to my point eventually.

Justin and I are both Christians but not what people would consider the hardcore Christian type. We try to go to church as much as possible, we try to lead friendly and helpful lives and help anyone in need, and we work hard to learn to forgive along with being working on our relationship with God. We don't consider ourselves perfect but we treat everyone as if they are. Justin's best friend, who won't be named, and his brother grew up in a very Christian family who have their beliefs and everyone else who doesn't follow those beliefs aren't good enough to be talked to.

It's no secret that Justin and I don't have the most conventional relationship. We moved in together after two months of dating (for various reasons), we didn't save ourselves until we tied the knot, and we (obviously) are having a baby before marriage. To anyone who knows Christianity, these are big no-nos and a best friend isn't an exception. They always made comments about our relationship, even before we actually got together. We first met five years ago when I was sixteen and he was twenty-four so I don't know if they still see me as the annoying little teen that followed them around because I wanted to be friends or what but when Justin and I reconnected when I was twenty, they were very cold to me and didn't mind telling Justin what they really thought. They even went as far as telling him that I used to stare at one of them. I wholeheartedly feel part of it was that they didn't want me around and did anything they could to make that happen.

Although Justin and I stuck together, it didn't get any easier when we moved in and especially got comments when he got the nerve to tell them that we were expecting. He made it quite clear that he wasn't gong to listen to any negativity from them so we got a cold congratulations. The pain I could see in Justin's eyes from hearing that from someone he considered his brother was actually heartbreaking. How could you turn your back on your best friend like that? I still don't quite understand to be completely honest. They blocked us from seeing their posts on social media, made passive aggressive comments to me (that even Justin doesn't know about), and never sends Justin texts to see how he's doing or ask if he wants to come see his buddies from out of town. All because we decided to take the open window of time for me to get pregnant and it wasn't in the order that THEY desired. Even just typing this now, I find myself in tears for Justin. Even church members, ones who are on the committee are happy for us and express their love but I guess there always has to be those few that try to bring negativity to something as happy and exciting as becoming a parent.

It would be great to say that they're the only ones that we have to worry about trying to bring us down but unfortunately they aren't. In fact, someone who should be close to me makes things really hard in our lives as well. My sister. We always butted heads growing up. For the greater part of our childhood, there was insults and assaults that were directed towards me by her. I am pretty used to it now and most of the time can let it go in one ear and out the other. She's excited about having a nephew but that doesn't stop her from being an arrogant "beotch". Just last Saturday is a very good example of this. My father's girlfriend invited us all over to their house for a family dinner. This included myself, Justin, my father, my father's girlfriend, my youngest other sister, and the focus of this story, my sister. All was well until she arrived. Right off the bat she wanted to see my belly. No "hey, can I see your belly since I haven't seen it yey?", it was "take off your coat so I can see how big you got". Rude but whatever. Choose your own battles, right? Then the next words came out of her mouth that even Justin had to bite his lip for. She said, "Looks like your boobs didn't get the memo. They look small compared to how fat you got. Guess who won't be breastfeeding." That really hit deep down. First, you demand that I show you my belly and then you have to top it off with an insult about the way that I look?

Let's just say that I didn't go over yesterday to meet her new boyfriend....

-D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts