Monday, May 7, 2018

Teeanna's Birth Story



My name is Teeanna clark. I was asked if I want to tell people about my birth story so I said, why not? It is what gave me the best gift I could ever ask for. I was due on October 17th 2017. I was having lots of constant back pain weeks before my due date. I had a check up on October 17th and i was only about 1cm dilated. They had booked me to be induced for October 24th. I was told that there was only a 5% chance that I would need to be induced. No matter what I did, I couldn't get my body to dilate. On October 24th at 8am, I went to the hospital to get induced. They decided to do the gel. I got my first dosage and went home right after. I went back up a few hours later for my second dosage. My back pain was so bad that I stayed at the hospital to get some morphine. The morphine didn't work that well that about an hour later I was asking for more. The nurse was confused as to why I was in so much pain and asking for more pain meds. She had to check on the baby before she could give me anything more. Come to find out I was in labour but it wasn't active labour and overtime I had a contraction, my sons heart beat went down. I had to be rushed into getting an emergency C-section. The freezing ended up only taking in my legs so I felt them cut me open. They had to put me to sleep to get my son out. I didn't get to see my son til a few hours later. But I cried like a baby when I first held him. He had to be in the NICU for 6 days due to some complications we faced. But he is as healthy as can be! When he was born on October 24th at 11:22pm, he was 7lbs and 15.5 oz. He was 20.75 inches long. His name is Weston William Donald Clark. 

Lets thank Teeana for sharing her story ladies...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts