Monday, April 23, 2018

Skye’s Birth Story





Wednesday 24th January, 12noon - I pass the first bit of plug. And I continue to lose more plug that day & all day Thursday 25th January too. Wednesday night I have only 2hrs sleep due to suffering from RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome). Thursday 25th I go to my pressure point Massage at Body Repair and my Hypnotherapy at @phoenixhypno . I have several contractions during my visits, but not intense. Then I go to my sister-in-laws to do one last quick photoshoot, where I pass my show in the middle of taking photos LOL. And I spend the rest of the day glued to my couch with my legs together trying not to bring on contractions because I wanted to go out to celebrate my nieces 18th Birthday that night. I made it to her Birthday Dinner where I kept track & timed my contractions using a phone app all night approx 6-9mins apart. We leave to go home around 9pm. I go home & wash my hair. Still having mild contractions regularly. I go to bed and sleep for approx 2hrs. Friday 26th around 3am I tell my hubby I'm now having to stand up during contractions & I think it's time we should go to hospital. We arrive approx 4am, my contractions 6mins apart & 5cm dilated. I enjoyed watching the sunrise from my birth suite windows. The sky was so blue and the clouds so pink. At 6:07am I finally had my first intense contraction and they were starting to get closer & closer together. At 7:20am contractions began to be approx 2mins apart until our baby girl entered the world at 9:29am. I was in pushing stage for 20-30mins, which is the longest I've ever had to push for in any of my births. But from the first moment she crowned to the moment she was born it was very quick! I was so relieved when the midwives told me I didn't require any stitches. I'm so proud of myself & I feel very lucky for experiencing my 4th childbirth naturally & drug free. And for someone who has the worst pain threshold ever, if I can cope with childbirth I feel like anyone can do it.

For tips and advice please check out @skye_knifey page on instagram 

Lets thank her for sharing her wonderful story

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts