Thursday, March 22, 2018

Infertility

I hate to kinda put myself in this topic solely for the reason because it didn't take that long for me to get pregnant like I know a lot of mothers out there have the issue with. However, I do have something that I know I could relate myself to somebody out there so I figured I would give my story and help someone if I could. Around last August, I was at work when I began to bleed out of, well I am sure you can figure out where. At first, I thought it was just my period starting and being pretty irregular as it was, it didn't seem too suspicious to me. I got my client in the car to take him grocery shopping (I worked in client's home who need some extra help) and started our trek to the store. I normally have my phone in between my legs when I have someone in the passenger seat due to a lack of center console to stick it in. I hadn't left the parking lot yet so I grabbed it to call my boss after receiving a text asking for a call. I had planned on dialing and speaking over the car speakers as I normally do but didn't even get the chance to call.

My phone was covered in blood, front and back. I didn't quite understand what was going on and started to get scared when I looked down and I had blood soaking my yoga pants from my hooha all the way to my knees. It had been a while since I had a period due to birth control, five years to be exact, but it was pretty obvious that this was not supposed to be normal. I gave a dumb excuse to my client to turn back around and go back to his house which he seemed pretty content with. I asked him to go up to his room for a little bit while I stayed downstairs and called a co-worker to get her opinion. The pain was becoming unbearable and the blood continued to come and started dripping out of my pant leg and into my shoe. I started to get light-headed so I hung up with her and called my boss and explained there was emergency at the house and needed someone to come relieve me right away which he began to work on.

My next call was Justin, who had to drive me because there was no way I was going to make it. With both on their way, I did my best to stay calm but between the pain and the amount of blood, I started to worry the worse, I am miscarrying. When everything was situated at work, Justin and I made our way to the emergency room. They were pretty busy and hearing something that didn't seem life threatening, they weren't too quick to getting me into a room. When they finally called me to go and get my vitals checked, I told them that I standing up making blood gush out quickly but they didn't seem to mind until they saw the amount of blood that actually flowed out onto the pad they laid out on the wheelchair for me. That changed their mood very quick and they took me back right away.

They poked and prodded, put a catheter in, and did a vaginal exam and determined that I wasn't pregnant and miscarrying (Thank God) but had a very large ovarian cyst that had burst. She recommended that I make an appointment with my gynecologist to see if this is going to be more of an issue in the future.

To make a long story a little shorter, my gynecologist told me that with the cysts that developed on my ovaries could lead to infertility in the future and that I may only have a small window to get pregnant. Justin and I tried for a few months, watching my ovulation cycle like a hawk, and no such luck. I know that is way less time then a lot of mothers but I was just trying to accept the fact that I may never become a mom which was my dream for years. We stopped actually trying and got the mentality of if it happens, it happens which was when it turned out that we were gonna have our little boy.

As much as I would love to have at least two kids, I have learned to accept the fact that my son may be my only one and that is okay because that was a miracle within itself.

-D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts