Monday, April 30, 2018

Alicia's Birth Stories




December 8th 2008 was the day I found out I was pregnant with my first born and the day. I lost someone I loved. I was all of 19 years of age and was still trying to figure out my own life. And now I had to figure out how my life was going to go on without my father in law and with a new born child. My pregnancy was pretty smooth for the most part. I had placenta Previa but it wasn’t anything that I worried about. I prepared myself during my whole pregnancy to have a C- section. On July 16 th 2009, I went in for a regular doctor’s appointment. I had just reached 36 weeks and was excited to check on my little man, Philip Nathaniel Scott. My Doctor had scheduled me to have my C-Section on July 28 th , my father in laws birthday So I was pretty calm during my appointment.. In the first half of my appointment the doctor told me that my placenta had moved out the way so I was able to have a vaginal birth. But my nerves started to kick in during the second half of my appointment. I was laying down during my stress test and little man didn’t want to move. Now Daniel had just went down to the cafeteria to grab something to eat. So I was completely freaking out. My doctor decided to take me to Labor and Delivery to do a more thorough check on Philip. At this time Daniel and I had only one cell phones and you so I know it was all God when I saw Daniel walking up at the same time I was being rolled into labor and delivery. While I was laying there being checked on, Daniel was calling his and mine mom to give them updates. Thank God they both worked right down the street. Because the next thing I know we’re being told that we were having a baby that night. My mom and mother in law immediately went to get us baby items (our baby shower was the next day), Turns out I ended up have a C-section anyways. While I was getting prepped for surgery Daniel changed little man’s name from Philip Nathaniel Scott to Philip Daniel Scott JR (I really wanted a JR). And at 8:46 pm Philip Daniel Scott Jr was born weighing 6lbs 3oz and 21 inches long.

My second pregnancy was a so much different than my first. Not only because I had gestational diabetes but also, I was having a GIRL!! Other than having to check my sugar levels before I ate and after, my pregnancy was nothing but smooth sailing. My doctor told me that I was eligible to have a VBAC (vaginal birth after C-section) because I waited the allotted time. Daniel and I already agreed on the name Koda Denise Scott for our daughter. Our mothers were both so ecstatic because both their names are Denise. During my whole pregnancy my mother in law kept praying that I would have Koda on her birthday. I had reached 38 weeks before I started getting a little anxious for the Princess’ arrival. So the night of September 29 th 2012 at around 10pm I took a spoonful of Castor Oil hoping to put myself in labor. Now I don’t know if it was the castor oil or my mother in laws prayers but at midnight on September 30 th 2012 my water broke and I went in to labor. I was home alone with Dj when it happened and I remember calling my mother in law and very calmly telling her my water had broken. My next call was to my mother who lived right down the street from us (I still don’t know why I didn’t call her first) before I could finish my sentence her and my father were out the door on their way to me. Daniel was about an hour and half away from home doing a gig and he made home in about 45 mins (I’m pretty sure he broke a lot of laws getting back to me). We all got to the hospital and I was taken straight to a room. My water broke completely at about 2am but it wasn’t until about 1pm that the real pain started to kick in. I made it all the way until 8pm before I asked for an epidural.
And at about 10pm Koda Denise Scott was born. Weighing 6lbs 6oz and 19 ½ inches long.


Lets thank Alicia for sharing her stories...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts