Monday, March 5, 2018

Pregnancy and Leaks

*Warning- The topic in this post may make some uncomfortable due to it's sensitive nature. 
Today, I am officially sixteen weeks in and due to being in bed from little mister not being happy so I figured I would write a little post that many women who have been pregnant can relate to.... leaks.

The past few weeks, I have run into the oh so fun symptom of pregnancy of peeing myself. Gross I know but someone needs to be talking about it. It started out with a few dribbles when I coughed and has made its way to every cough, every sneeze, and every trip to the bathroom when the little one doesn't like what I ate for dinner.

This last Saturday, for example, I was at our local coffee shop, waiting for a possible new client to have a business meeting that would lead to a lot of opportunities for me as a photographer and artist, and my stomach started to curl. I thought, "Oh great. I am going to throw up now?!?!" The intensity of the pain in my stomach increased. Yep, I was. I ran into the bathroom and made it to the toilet just in time for my chocolate milk to make its way back up. Eleven times I threw up and eleven times, I felt a short stream fill my trousers. I did everything I could to make it stop, sat weird trying to cross my leg and holding myself in hopes to stop the stream. No luck. When I finally had the chance to stand up, I went to the mirror and tried to check myself, praying that I didn't pee enough that I wasn't going to show off a giant pee stain as soon as I walked out of the bathroom.

Luckily, I was safe but it made for a very long and uncomfortable meeting.

Even at sixteen weeks, it is a safe guess that I have a box of pantie liners in my purse for emergencies.

Do you have any embarrassing leak stories? Let me know that I am not alone in the comments!

-D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts